Here is a list of commonly asked questions of Trackside. If you should have any further questions, please
email us or call our office toll free at 1-877-860-1662.
- How do I get a copy of Trackside?
- How much does Trackside cost?
- Does Trackside support multiple users?
- What type of database does Trackside use?
- How many racers can Trackside hold?
- What operating systems can Trackside work in?
- What if I offer a racing class at my event that is not in Trackside?
- Does Trackside maintain Series points?
- Does Trackside allow for pre-registrations?
- Can a racer sign up for multiple classes?
- What about upgrades?
1. How do I get a copy of Trackside?
To order a copy of Trackside, please
click in ORDER IT listed above. You will be
required to enter a credit card number via our
secure shopping page. If you would rather
not enter the credit card number over the web, you
are welcome to place your order over the phone at
the number listed above. A copy of Trackside and a user guide will be mailed out to you that day. You may also
download a demo version of Trackside 3.0 by
clicking on the DOWNLOAD icon above..
2. How much does Trackside cost?
$599.00 and TracksidePLUS costs $899.00 which includes shipping. Trackside
can be shipped overnight to all U.S. customers. MASTERCARD and VISA are accepted.
3. Does Trackside support multiple users?
Yes, Trackside does allow multiple PCs to update the database simultaneously. You will have to network the PCs together and then set up Trackside to point to the same
database for all PCs. Further instructions for making this change are included with the software.
4. What type of database does Trackside use?
Trackside uses a Microsoft Access
2000 database. If you have Access 2000, you may connect to the database and view or manipulate your data.
However, you are not required to have a copy of
Access in order to run Trackside.
5. How many racers can Trackside hold?
The Trackside database will hold an unlimited amount of racers. As you continue to use Trackside, you will just add more racers to your database without needing to delete
other racers. However, once you have more than 10,000 racers in your database, performance will be dependent on the power of your PC.
6. What operating systems can Trackside work in?
Trackside has been designed to work in Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows
NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows 7.
7. What if I offer a racing class at my event that is not in Trackside?
The Trackside screens that you see on our web site are just an example. Each promoter will enter his own names for the classes he offers. A new class can
quickly be added to the list at anytime. In addition, the user will add the motorcycle brand names and series names. The same list will be used by all events created in
8. Does Trackside maintain Series points?
Yes, each event that the user creates in Trackside can be assigned to a Series. Users can create as many different Series as they want and users can assign an
unlimited amount of events to that Series.
9. Does Trackside allow for pre-registrations?
Yes, Trackside works great with pre-registrations. The user can build the event before the day of the race and start signing up racers.
10. Can a racer sign up for multiple classes?
Yes, Trackside does not stop a user from letting a racer sign up for more than one class.
11. What about upgrades?
Impact Software Group continues to make improvements to Trackside. We take requests for additional functionality from race promoters and add them to Trackside.
Upgrades will be reasonably priced. Check back with Impact
occasionally to see if there is a newer version than the one you are using.